PLEASE READ THROUGH THE ENTRY FORM TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE CONTENT BEFORE YOU START TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.
It is suggested that you make a copy all the questions to a notepad/text pad on your computer, prepare your answers offline, and then when you are ready and have the requested photos available to attach, copy and paste and complete the entry form before submitting it.
You will have to complete the form in one session. It will not safe a parcially completed form for you to complete the information at a later stage.
IMPORTANT: ENTRIES CLOSE ON WEDNESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2023 at 11PM
Mr Gay World® South Africa is an independent, and non-political competition and organisation. The name, logo and trademark are owned by Gay World Events (PTY) Ltd, Mr Gay World South Africa (PTY) Ltd and Mr Gay World (PTY) Ltd.
The Mr Gay World® South Africa competition strives to be a mentor in grooming gay leaders that will advance gay human rights both locally and throughout the world. Mr Gay World® South Africa is a pageant and awareness promoting competition for the upliftment and empowerment of gay men as a minority group. As a contestant to Mr Gay World® South Africa the delegate signiﬁes his intent to be honour-bound by the following code of ethics, namely to:
– treat delegates, staff, judges and associates with respect and dignity.
– conduct himself with honesty, integrity and fairness and respect to the people around him.
– not discriminate based on race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation and/or sexual expression.
– always be responsible for the truthful and non-deceptive promotion regarding Mr Gay World® South Africa’s visions.
support the goals of Mr Gay World® South Africa as well as support the LGBTQIA+ community in general, in a constructive and positive manner.
– conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of their respective legal jurisdictions, the business or professional codes existent in such jurisdiction and the business or profession, and in accordance with generally accepted business practices.
The competition is open to anyone who identifies as male, using him and his pronouns and who collectively identifies as male. The title winner would be crowned as Mr Gay World® South Africa and it is for this reason that all entrants should identify in this way. Mr Gay World® South Africa is passionate about the empowerment and upliftment of all members of the LGBTQIA+ community and regularly contributes to fundraising events and awareness activities for causes within this vast and diverse community, but its primary focus is that of the gay and male identifying demographic of society as a community that has been globally recognised as a vulnerable minority with specific needs and requirements to promote self-confidence, solidarity and a sense of community.
Mr Gay World® South Africa is a network of equals, delegates, and producers. It is a competition that draws contestants from all over the world and reinforces the cultural bonds of the gay communities into a positive global network for raising awareness, promoting visibility, offering support to the wider LGBTQIA+ community for human rights and acknowledging the active citizenship of gay people worldwide.
The contestants, as national winners, possess many qualities. The winner will have a unique combination of looks, charm, intellect, confidence, awareness, and self-esteem. With visibility, offering support to the wider LGBTQIA+ community for human rights and acknowledging the active citizenship of gay people worldwide.
During the stages of the competition, and particularly in the personal interviews, the judges will focus on a man who:
– shows an understanding of the world and people around him.
– of how he can help contribute to a more equal and respectful society for all.
– has respect for a range of views, but has confidence in expressing his own, when pursuing justice and well-being for gay people in all societies.
– embraces cultural, linguistic, ability, gender, age, faith, and sexual orientation diversity as norms to be promoted in a respectful world.
– can learn, articulate his thoughts, and conduct an intelligent conversation with people both gay and straight and even with people who do not share his views or values.
– could be the man any group or company would like to have as their representative.
– is at ease in any social setting, being formal or informal.
– can articulate his opinions and knowledge and without effort convey it to an audience, media outlet or interviewer.
– is involved or show in his local LGBTQIA+ community (considering legal constraints in certain countries).
– can be an ambassador of goodwill between all communities, by being visible, inspiring confidence and reinforcing understanding of the richness of cultural difference globally; is confident in his own values, attributes, and opinion.
– is intelligent.
– with a reasonable general knowledge and a good knowledge of LGBTQIA+ rights history and issues and recent LGBTQIA+ events worldwide, is respectful and careful of his appearance and wellbeing.
Mr Gay World® South Africa reserves the right to appoint, select, or nominate a delegate, any gay man with a family address in and passport in South Africa as our Wild Card Program (WCP).