The Mr Gay World South Africa competition strives to be a mentor in grooming gay leaders that will advance gay human rights both locally and throughout the world.
As a contestant to Mr Gay World South Africa, the delegate signiﬁes his intent to be honor-bound by the following code of ethics:
- To treat everybody with respect and dignity;
- To conduct himself with honesty, integrity and fairness and respect to the people around him;
- To not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation and/or sexual expression;
- To be responsible at all times for the truthful and non-deceptive promotion regarding Mr Gay World South Africa’s visions;
- To support the goals of Mr Gay World South Africa, as well as support the LGBTQ+ community in general, in a constructive and positive manner;
- To conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of their respective legal jurisdictions, the business or professional codes existent in such jurisdiction and the particular business or
- profession, and in accordance with generally accepted business practices;
- and to take responsibility of being a spokesperson not only in his own community but on a global stage speaking out for equal and human rights.
It is not a beauty contest and there is no age limit. This competition is one of the most publicized local gay contests in the country and unashamedly uses the attention it garners to focus attention on the plight of LGBTQ+ people.
Mr Gay World South Africa is a positive role model and will work on humanizing being gay and/or LGBTQ+ in both the LGBTQ+ and mainstream media.
The above is in-line with the goals of the Mr Gay World organization.